JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Washington, DC)
About Us: Impactual LLC is a social impact consulting firm. We help causes, philanthropists and brands address some of the most pressing political and social challenges. Our clients include individual and institutional philanthropists, Fortune 500 companies, and high-impact nonprofits. Impactual has offices in Washington, DC and Denver, CO, working with clients and subcontractors across the country.
Position Overview: Impactual is growing its team and looking for an experienced political operative to oversee the firm’s donor advising practice. As Impactual’s program director, you will report to the firm’s president and be responsible for ensuring smooth management of our clients’ projects, including the Civic Action Fund. The program director should enjoy project management and be enthusiastic about supporting political and civic engagement projects.
Scope of Work
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and existing grantees seeking resources from our clients.
- Plan and implement strategies to achieve our clients’ objectives, including: a supportive and collaborative civic engagement sector; a well-resourced effort; and the highest quality work product.
- Work with colleagues and other stakeholders to set priorities and budgets, shift plans over time, and explain our client’s strategies to grantees, subgrantees, and partners.
- Coordinating staff (some remote) to ensure all projects are well managed.
- Reviewing written and designed work product prior to submission to clients or stakeholders.
- Attending meetings and events on behalf of the company or fund as needed.
Desired Qualifications: This position is for an experienced career professional. At least four election cycles of political or civic nonprofit experience is required. In addition, we are looking for someone with:
- Experience developing and managing organizational priorities, budget, cash flow, and staff;
- Demonstrated success working with people from different backgrounds and growing high-performing teams;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and experience managing numerous project simultaneously;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Thorough understanding of the current political landscape;
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds and create a work environment necessary to drive positive social change.
Location: This full-time, exempt position is based in Washington, DC.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation will range from $100,000-$140,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Impactual offers a generous and competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, & vision insurance premium reimbursements; an annual retirement contribution; monthly cell phone and wellness stipends; sick, vacation, and paid family and extended medical leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Impactual is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single PDF, the subject line should be “Program Director”, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe why you want to join the Impactual team in this position, list three references, and indicate your salary requirements, as well as how you heard about the position. This position will remain open until filled, with preference given to applications submitted before March 1.