JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
Impactual LLC is a social impact consulting firm committed to helping companies, initiatives, and philanthropists create meaningful change. We believe that combining defined goals with cultural strategies and proper resources is the key to moving needles.
We are looking for someone with a passion for civic engagement to join our small but growing team as a Special Assistant to the President. The Special Assistant will focus on providing high level programmatic and administrative support to the President across a wide range of activities, helping ensure the firm is consistently delivering high quality and timely work products. The Special Assistant will support the management of multiple initiatives, interacting daily with all Impactual staff, consultants, and clients including executives and important external stake-holders.
This specific role will require:
- Project Management: Works with the staff to ensure senior leadership has all necessary background information and prep materials for meetings, speaking engagements, travel, and events. Drafts correspondence, background briefs and talking points for the President across a range of activities. Attends meetings with and/or for the President and takes notes for follow-up. Prepares written analyses, meetings summaries, business proposals, client reports, or marketing materials as needed.
- Administrative Support: Responsible for assisting the firm’s senior staff with arranging internal and external meetings, booking travel or meeting spaces, participating in client meetings, and preparing client invoices. This position may require travel for key events, to provide senior leadership on-the-go support.
- Special Projects: Impactual is a small firm and we’re an all-hands-on-deck team. In a rapidly changing environment, responds to a variety of special projects, including; high level events, working groups, etc. This role will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to get things done: You are solutions-oriented, a problem-solver looking for the best solution to whatever challenge you’re confronted with. You don’t wait for instruction. Instead, you proactively look for ways to offer support and be of use. You are a master organizer and planner and consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- A humble leader: You’re an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from others. Your ego is secondary; you lead by example, embodying the notion of personal responsibility and encouraging others to build on your ideas, challenging them, and expanding them.
- Strategic mindset: You are analytical and structured in your thinking. You love to build and maintain well-oiled systems and processes. You are a quick study, synthesizing diverse sources of information and able to discern from them a recommended course of action. You are aware of all mission-critical projects and able to connect the dots across the organization.
- Emotional intelligence: You are self-aware and perceptive. You nurture relationships and can work and communicate well with all kinds of people. You are optimistic, empathetic, flexible, curious, and well-respected by all who work with you, irrespective of title.
- An exceptional communicator: You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You can craft high-quality proposals and presentations, clearly explain complex concepts, and combine intellect and intuition.
- Outstanding research skills: You have the ability to quickly gather in-depth information, conducting and synthesizing research on clients, events, subjects, and trends related to Impactual’s work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4-6 years of professional experience (we are background agnostic and excited by candidates with unique and different work histories).
- Strong project management skills and process improvement experience, alongside an ability to anticipate, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Impeccable organizational skills; you are highly detail-oriented, and someone who gets a real sense of satisfaction from producing polished work and managing smooth and orderly processes.
- Discretion to maintain confidentiality as needed.
- A comfort with finance. While you don’t need to be a CFO, you do need to be comfortable running numbers, monitoring budgets, and working with Quickbooks.
- A commitment to inclusion. You’re always asking: “whose voice is not at the table?” You have experience working with diverse teams and deeply value creating a workplace that is supportive of difference.
- A passion for politics, pop culture, and making a difference.
- Ability to work with team members, clients, and partners who are located around the country.
- Familiarity with at least some of the platforms we use, along with an eagerness to learn new systems quickly: Slack, Timely, Expensify, Asana, Notion, Quickbooks, Box, Google docs.
Impactual aims to be a responsible and supportive employer. The salary for this position is $65,000 – $85,000, depending on experience level. Benefits include:
- QSEHRA health insurance reimbursement up to $437.50 per month
- IRA retirement contribution of up to 5% of your salary
- $100 monthly cell phone stipend
- $75 monthly health and wellness stipend
This position will be based in our office in downtown Washington, DC.
Impactual strives to build a just world and be a just workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and building a work environment free of bias and discrimination. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and parents to apply.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit for this position, a resume, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Special Assistant to the President Application.’ The position will remain open until filled. We will begin scheduling interviews on February 25, with priority given to applications received by that date.