JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: PAID SUMMER INTERN (Denver, CO)
About Us: Impactual LLC is a social impact consulting firm. We help causes, philanthropists and brands address some of the most pressing political and social challenges. Our clients include individual and institutional philanthropists, Fortune 500 companies, and high-impact nonprofits. Impactual has offices in Washington, DC and Denver, CO, working with clients and subcontractors across the country.
Position Overview: Impactual is looking to bring on a summer intern in our Denver office to assist with our democracy access work and other social impact work. As an intern at Impactual you will report to one of our Program Managers and have the opportunity to shadow meetings, support in developing materials for clients, and be trained on project managing various political and civic engagement projects. Interested applicants should plan to be based in the Denver Metro Area for the duration of the internship.
Scope of Work
- Assist in synthesizing client materials such as webinars and briefings into fact-sheets and one-page summaries.
- Track and provide updates on campaign developments in priority states.
- Develop donation pages and update fundraising trackers as needed.
- Support in drafting client memos, press materials, and client emails with support from supervisor.
- Attending meetings and events on behalf of the company or clients as needed.
Desired Qualifications: This position is an entry-level position for someone seeking exposure to the social impact sphere. Desired qualifications include:
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to communicate proactively regarding projects;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills;
- A willingness to flex to a variety of projects in a short timeline;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- An interest in learning the current political landscape;
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds and create a work environment necessary to drive positive social change.
Location: This is a 20-30 hour internship program based in Denver, CO. The position will last ~12 weeks, with a target range of June 3 – August 23 2019. Start and end dates can be negotiated for the right candidate.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is $15 per hour for 20-30 hours per week. Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Impactual is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single PDF, the subject line should be “Denver Intern”, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe why you want to join the Impactual team in this position, list three references, and how you heard about the position. This position will remain open until filled, with preference given to applications submitted before May 15.